By Shawn M. Lauriat
“I greatly loved how this publication covers the total Ajax program lifecycle and never in basic terms coding thoughts. a person who's trying to turn into a qualified front-end developer will take pleasure in the architectural perception and most sensible practices introduced through this book.” — Andi Gutmans, Co-Founder & Co-Chief know-how Officer of Zend Technologies
Mission-Critical Ajax: Maximizing Scalability, functionality, safety, Reliability, and Maintainability
Advanced Ajax: structure and top Practices is the definitive advisor to construction business-critical, production-quality net purposes with Ajax. Shawn M. Lauriat systematically addresses the layout, structure, and improvement concerns linked to Ajax, supplying confirmed styles and strong code examples on hand in no different ebook. You’ll locate top practices for addressing the entire spectrum of matters company Ajax builders face: scalability, functionality, protection, reliability, flexibility, maintainability, and reusability.
- Planning Ajax interfaces for simplicity, readability, and intuitiveness
- Using the newest instruments to profile, validate, and debug client-side code
- Architecting the server aspect for safeguard and performance, whereas proscribing loaded information, gadgets, and activities to present requests
- Protecting opposed to the main frequent and critical Ajax defense dangers
- Optimizing each portion of an Ajax software, from server-side scripts to database interactions
- Introducing state of the art Ajax: online game improvement, Ajax with canvas, and Ajax for company applications
About the net Site
This book’s spouse site (http://advancedajax.frozen-o.com) doesn’t simply offer all of the code: It exhibits code examples in action, as development blocks of a true internet program interface.
Read or Download Advanced Ajax. Architecture and Best Practices PDF
Best microprocessors & system design books
- The publication covers the appropriate subject matters awarded in a wise logical development.
- The ebook comes with an excellent chew of genuine, useful resource code that may be profitably studied (the major price of this booklet imo).
- like several unmarried CMP (fomerly R&D) publication, this one is quite poorly written and activities a lot of ridiculous typos that
a run via a spellchecker might repair.
- The publication is introductory, no longer indepth.
- Nitpicking: binding's undesirable, crack the ebook open as soon as and it begins falling aside.
Even even though it's endorsed within the creation that this booklet objectives either programming rookies and useful general-purpose programmers coming into the embedded realm, i think that basically the latter team stands to profit the following; a complete neophyte should be stressed via the disjointed, vague, and infrequently deceptive writing. yet an individual already conversant in the universally acceptable computing fundamentals can most likely catch up on writing deficiencies whereas opting for a couple of worthy issues particular to the embedded zone; in that recognize the booklet is instructive.
Overall, it is a bit just like the Labrosse publication (on uCos) -- a painful learn significatly compensated via the chance to check the connected resource code. one other similar publication is Barr's "Programming Embedded platforms in C and C++", that's by way of an order of value larger written yet while a little skimpier than this one.
This booklet covers the simulation by way of dispensed parallel pcs of hugely parallel versions of curiosity in synthetic intelligence and optimization, bringing jointly significant components of present curiosity inside laptop technological know-how - disbursed parallel processing and hugely parallel versions in synthetic intelligence and optimization.
From the experiences: "This publication crystallizes what may well turn into a defining second within the electronics - the shift to platform-based layout. It offers the 1st finished guidebook if you will construct, and use, the combination structures that could quickly force the system-on-chip revolution. " digital Engineering occasions
This e-book integrates new principles and issues from actual time structures, embedded platforms, and software program engineering to offer a whole photograph of the full strategy of constructing software program for real-time embedded functions. you won't in simple terms achieve a radical realizing of recommendations relating to microprocessors, interrupts, and method boot technique, appreciating the significance of real-time modeling and scheduling, yet additionally, you will study software program engineering practices resembling version documentation, version research, layout styles, and traditional conformance.
- The scientist and engineer's guide to digital signal processing
- Microprocessors. Principles and Applications
- Using microprocessors and microcomputers: the 6800 family
- Real-Time Embedded Components and Systems
Additional resources for Advanced Ajax. Architecture and Best Practices
Statechange XMLHttpRequest Indicators and Other Forms of User Feedback 17 The more that interface designers know about the user base of an application, the better the impact on the users. This statement may sound obvious, but designs often ignore the current or potential user base. Communication channels between the users, designers, and developers can do wonders for keeping up with and building on user expectations. If the expectations of users do not seem clear, ask them directly for feedback and suggestions.
The example on server-side validation in the last section touched on user expectations when working with the user registration form. Users don’t expect communication with the server in any form unless one of the following is true: • The user initiates the action—This comes in the form of clicking a mouse button, hitting the Enter or Return key, ending a drag-and-drop action, or performing some other definitive event to indicate an expected response from the server. • The action taken does not take the user out of context and happens in seamless integration with the current interface—Auto-saving drafts falls into this category, along with streaming requests such as an RSS ticker.