By Ed Sutter
- The e-book covers the proper subject matters provided in a smart logical development.
- The publication comes with an exceptional bite of actual, useful resource code that may be profitably studied (the major price of this booklet imo).
- like several unmarried CMP (fomerly R&D) booklet, this one is quite poorly written and activities plenty of ridiculous typos that
a run via a spellchecker might repair.
- The booklet is introductory, no longer indepth.
- Nitpicking: binding's undesirable, crack the publication open as soon as and it starts off falling aside.
Even notwithstanding it is recommended within the advent that this ebook objectives either programming newcomers and efficient general-purpose programmers getting into the embedded realm, i think that simply the latter team stands to profit right here; a complete neophyte may be pressured by means of the disjointed, vague, and occasionally deceptive writing. yet an individual already conversant in the universally acceptable computing fundamentals can most likely make amends for writing deficiencies whereas picking out a couple of necessary issues particular to the embedded quarter; in that admire the publication is instructive.
Overall, it's a bit just like the Labrosse booklet (on uCos) -- a painful learn significatly compensated by means of the chance to review the connected resource code. one other similar booklet is Barr's "Programming Embedded platforms in C and C++", that's via an order of significance greater written yet even as just a little skimpier than this one.